sábado, 30 de junio de 2007

Father and Son (Boyzone)


Esta canción era preciosa. Claro, que hace años atrás, no tenía ni idea de inglés y nunca me enteraba de lo que decía una canción (¿nunca has inventado palabras que suenen parecidas a las que escuchas en una canción? Yo creo que siempre he sido la maestra en ese arte.


Father: It’s not time to make a change, /Just relax, take it easy. /You’re still young, that’s your fault, /There’s so much you have to know. /Find a girl, settle down, /If you want you can marry. /Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy. /I was once like you are now, /and I know that it’s not easy, /To be calm when you’ve found something going on. /But take your time, think a lot, /Why, think of everything you’ve got. /For you will still be here tomorrow, /but your dreams may not. /Son: How can I try to explain, /when I do he turns away again. /It’s always been the same, same old story. /From the moment I could talk /I was ordered to listen. /Now there’s a way /and I know that I have to go away. /I know I have to go. /Father: It’s not time to make a change, /Just sit down, take it slowly. /You’re still young, that’s your fault, /There’s so much you have to go through. /Find a girl, settle down, /If you want you can marry. /Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy. /(son-- away away away, I know I have to /Make this decision alone - no) /Son: All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside, /It’s hard, but it’s harder to ignore it. /If they were right, I’d agree, but it’s them you know not me. /Now there’s a way and I know that I have to go away. /I know I have to go. /(father-- stay stay stay, why must you go and /Make this decision alone? )

No hay comentarios: